Saturday, January 4, 2014

A couple of months ago, I jokingly thought to myself that because I just got married and inherited two AMAZING kids, I should start a blog. Well, here I sit, writing my first blog post. I can honestly say that I have no idea what I am doing. I love writing, but not usually for other people to read. Throughout high school and my time in China I wrote in my journal almost every day, sometimes, twice a day. Now I’m married, a mom, a new homeowner, and I work at the crack of dawn. I’m lucky if I have time to brush my teeth. But, telling people about my adorable family is one of my favorite things. And this year, I am making it a goal to do more of my ‘favorite things’.  Here we go!

We are definitely not your typical family. Our situation is very unique, but we do our best and have fun while doing it! Jaxon and Kenadee stay at our home for 7 days at a time. (Friday to Friday) The week that they are here goes way too fast. Jaxon always tells me, “Time flies when you’re having fun.”  I have been so blessed with the relationship I have with the two littles. I know of people who have married into a similar situation as me that really struggle with the step-kids and in turn have problems with the spouse.  I am so lucky. They have blessed my life and taught me more than I will ever be able to account for. They are truly my best friends and they take good care of me.  They are my main reason for starting this blog. Their stories must be shared! You have to know how amazing/funny/tenderhearted/loving/adorable they are.
I like to think they are that way because of their dad, Jordan. That man. He is, and will always be, my hero. He has been through some remarkable trials and has come out on top. I admire his strength and optimism. 

 Jordan is probably one of the quietest and polite people I have EVER met. Our marriage confuses a lot of people. We are a prime example of the saying, ‘opposites attract’. I remember on our first date thinking he HATED me because he barely said anything. I do remember him saying, ‘yes ma’am’, and not letting me get out of the car until he could swing around and open my door.  He is the most self-less and caring person I have ever known, next to my own mother and grand-mother. Jaxon, Kenadee and I have an amazing example before us, and we are lucky to have him in our lives.  

Don’t be deceived, we have our days. Ok, maybe I should say that I have my days. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and I let things get to me. But my Heavenly Father steps in and humbles me. He reminds me of how grateful I am for all of these amazing things, my ‘favorite things’. And a good nap always helps J


My family is, well, awesome. We may be crazy and do things a little different from you, but we are happy, blessed, healthy, and loving our life. What more can we ask for? (Jordan knows this is a rhetorical question, but would really like a unicorn. a real one)

No comments:

Post a Comment